Indie Swatch and Review - Neon, the 10th Element by Indigo Bananas

Hello lovely readers!  Guess what I have for you today? Yes, another neon collection!  This time around I am sharing my swatches and review of Neon, the 10th Element collection by 3-free indie polish maker Indigo Bananas.



I had been wanting to add more neon cremes to my polish collection and after some research I decided to try this new-to-me brand. Neon, the 10th Element collection was released Summer 2015 and is comprised of 9 neon creme polishes: The Uranium Evil, Sulfur Green, LithiumLoo (LiLoo), Diva Plumbum, Carbon Dallas, Phlogiston Paradise, Zinc Industries, Neon, the 10th Element, and Rubidium Rhod.


Formulas
The formulas were very consistent so I will summarize my findings before I share my swatches below. The polishes have a semi-matte finish when dry, but become instantly glossy with a layer of top coat (Seche Vite in my case). All of the colors are beautifully vibrant and do not require a white base coat for the colors to pop or to become opaque. However, The Uranium Evil and Liloo were somewhat streaky and required 4 coats for the polish to cover without leaving spotty patches. The other 7 polishes were opaque and self-levered after 2 to 3 coats. Also importantly, I did not have any staining after swatching all 9 cremes!

Now that I got all that out of the way, let's take a look at some swatches!

The Uranium Evil
This is a neon yellow that is a bit warmer on the nail compared with the color in the bottle. Shown are 4 coats plus top coat.





LiLoo
This is a traffic cone orange neon and a true highlighter neon. Unfortunately, I was not able to capture the color accurately with my camera. Shown are 4 coats plus top coat.





Sulfur Green
This is a bright candy apple green and another true highlighter neon. Shown below are 3 coats plus top coat.





Diva Plumbum
This polish is a Caribbean green teal. Shown below are 2 coats plus top coat.





Carbon Dallas
This polish is a bright denim blue and as close as you will get to a highlighter blue neon. Shown below are 2 coats plus top coat.





Zinc Industries
This is a bright orchid neon. Shown below are 2 coats plus top coat. 





Phlogiston Paradise
This is a dark orchid purple neon and another true highlighter shade. Shown below are 2 coats plus top coat.





Neon, the 10th Element
This is a true pink neon highlighter shade. Shown below are 3 coats plus top coat.





Rubidium Rhod
This is a bright Ferrari red. Shown below are 3 coats plus top coat.





Overall, I love this collection. It covers the whole rainbow spectrum and it has some unique colors that happened to be my favorites: Rubidium Rhod and Diva Plumbum. I also love that the minis are offered as 8 mL square bottles. Lastly, my ordered arrived in under a week and came with a bunch of yummy treats that lasted a whole 30 minutes! Great customer service is always a plus and will keep me coming back for more!

Do you own this or any other neon collection? I would love to hear from you so feel free to comment below. And as always, thank you very much for reading!

29 comments

  1. Lovely swatches! I love this collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all absolutely stunning! I can't get enough of the neons this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you! I still have a couple of neon collections to review before the summer is over!

      Delete
  3. Love Indigo Bananas. I bought the green and one of the flakie topcoat. Now I need the rest. Gorgeous swatches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! These are my first Indigo Bananas and I will be going back for more!

      Delete
  4. These are amazing neons, your swatches are stunning ♡♡

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm quite happy that you bought these. Neons look so different on darker (as in, not pasty white) skin tones and I love seeing how they look on someone who's color is similar to mine. I'm an IB fan so these are on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! And thank you for pointing out that the minis where 8mL!!! Such a great way to try them out!

      Delete
  6. these are all really pretty! I love the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning swatches. These all look so great and bright! If I didn't have so many neon cremes already I would definitely grab these.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitely need these in my life!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so as well! I got the minis and they are 8mL!!!!

      Delete
  9. This collection looks amazing!! Great swatches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just bought my first Indigo Bananas polishes and I love them. These are gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these! I've never tried this brand before but at some point I think I'm going to have too

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are gorgeous! I need IB in my life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both the polishes and the costumer service were great!

      Delete
    2. Both the polishes and the costumer service were great!

      Delete
  13. HELLO gorgeous neons! Great swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are beautiful! I really need some Indigo Bananas in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really awesome polishes, so bright and pretty! I like them all ;)
    Xoxo, Nyx

    ReplyDelete